Today’s Way Back photos take us to the early days of this park. This image (from June 19, 1934) shows the house where our fantastic librarian, Cerinda Evans, lived. The house was owned by the museum. Cerinda was our first librarian and, by all accounts, an incredibly smart woman. She wrote a number of books, including a biography of Shipyard founder, Collis Potter Huntington.
Going back to June 20, 1930, this shows the museum farm, on the property that is now Riverside Hospital. The idea of maintaining a working farm was abandoned by 1935.