Construction of our old Small Craft Building. About 11 years ago it was replaced with a newer, more efficient building where a good amount of our small craft is now displayed.
This image shows men in our ship model shop repairing a group of our figureheads on January 23, 1940. Many of our figureheads came to the museum in rough shape and so needed a bit of work to make sure that they were stable enough to be displayed. As our old photos show, we used to have a large number of them on the wall of our Great Hall.